SPI Research, the leading independent technology services research firm, today named the 2018 Best-of-the-Best professional services organizations (PSO). SPI’s extensive annual survey, the PS Maturity™ Benchmark, revealed top performers grew both revenues and new jobs at more than twice the rate of average firms. The Best-of-the-Best augmented their consulting workforces by 19.8% compared to 8.7% headcount growth for average firms.
This past year, the top 20 firms out of 456 organizations who participated in the survey, outperformed their peers and the benchmark average with not only significantly higher profits, but also more projects delivered on-time and many more satisfied clients.
The Best-of-the-Best excel across five critical service performance dimensions: leadership, client relationships, human capital alignment, service execution, and finance and operations. The Best-of-the-Best recognition is significant because it measures PSOs not only on bottom line financial results such as profit margins but also on a breadth of leadership metrics to reveal exceptional, holistic performance.
SPI Research annually conducts in-depth analyses of the top five percent of PS Maturity™ benchmark participants to uncover the reasons for their superlative performance. Top performers tend to be more specialized than average firms. They concentrate on high-growth segments (Cloud, Security, BI, AI, engineering, IT and management consulting) where they are often the market leader. Because of their sterling reputations, a significant portion of their business comes through referrals.
2018 Best-of-the Best Comparison to Average Consulting firms:
The 2018 Best-of-the-Best include:
- Advoco is a leading Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) consulting services company, focused on Infor EAM solutions.
- Altius helps companies better understand their data through products, business intelligence consulting services, and support.
- Beck Engineering, Inc. provides civil engineering and land surveying services.
- Cloudera empowers people to transform complex data into clear and actionable insights.
- Code Zero Consulting is a cloud focused consulting, IT systems development, and software integration provider.
- Coveo is a pioneer in cloud-based AI-powered search and recommendations.
- Enforce works with leading cloud application software companies to provide implementation and solution optimization.
- Integrated Project Management Company, Inc. (IPM) is a leading project management consulting firm.
- Logical Design Solutions is a consulting firm that envisions and designs digital solutions for global organizations.
- Oxford Computer Group is a leader in the implementation and management of identity, mobile devices and data protection services.
- Pariveda Solutions, Inc. is a leading management consulting firm specializing in performance improvement.
- TeamFit is an online platform enabling services firms to get an accurate and up-to-date view of the skills of their extended talent network.
- TOP Step Consulting improves business efficiency and productivity for Professional Service operations by providing consulting and implementation services.
- UHY is a leading professional services firm offering financial and operational transformation services.
- Vision Solutions protects data, minimizes downtime and maximizes resources for the modern data center.
- WithumSmith+Brown, is a nationally ranked Top 30 Firm that empowers clients with innovative tools and solutions to address their accounting, tax and advisory needs.
The annual benchmark from SPI Research draws on a database of over 3,000 PS organizations to provide in-depth analysis of PS metrics and performance. For the 2018 report, 456 companies representing more than 158,000 consultants provided input. The complete 2018 PS Maturity™ Benchmark report is now available for purchase.